Wednesday, March 25, 2015

I Know

I know when you eat, and what.
I know the moment your eyes open in the morning.
I know who you call by the sound in your voice.
I know how long the phone conversation lasts.
I know when you are approaching home, without your vehicle being seen.
I know when you are getting ready to leave.
I know exactly what you are saying, even if my vocabulary
consists of a few key words in your language.
I stick my nose in your business because I want you to be happy,
not because I don't trust you.
But if you tell me to desist, I will,
because even as I wish to monitor everything you do,
I know the private part of you is inviolate, even to me.

I'm not Big Brother.
I am your Dog.
--LB Johnson - Author of "The Book of Barkley"

5 comments:

  1. Hey Abby!
    Wow, this is all so very true! I love this...words of wisdom barked fur sure. We know everything in our peeps' world.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, Police Commish

    ReplyDelete
  2. We checked out that pug bed in the old console! Very clever!
    thanks
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes..pawfect!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every step you take!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on Abby the Senior rescue Lab,who we adopted in 2014.

Stop in and say hello. 100% of book sales are donated to animal rescue organizations across the U.S. and Canada and Search Dog Foundation. If you have a non-profit animal organization and would like autographed copies of any of my three books for auction fundraisers or a blog post featuring your organization please contact me at cliodna58@gmail.com