Saturday, August 22, 2015

Nom Nom Biscuits

Abby the Lab got a piece of the thin sliced steak but NOT the "Red Lobster" style homemade Cheddar Garlic Biscuits. I was good with my diet and just had a small one but my husband happily polished off several.
Preheat oven to 500 F.

Measure 1 and 1/2 cups White Lily Self Rising Flour


Cut in 3 Tbs. Lard or Crisco with a fork or knife and fork until the mixture is crumbly.


Add 2/3 cup MINUS 2 Tablespoons milk and barely mix.


Stir in 3/4 cup shredded cheddar until the dough sticks together, adding more milk if needed and mixing only as much is needed so there's no dry spots of flour.


Drop from large spoon on non stick spray coated cookie sheet  to make six biscuits. Bake for 8-11 minutes and top with 1/4 cup butter melted to which you add 1/4 tsp garlic powder and 1/4 tsp parsley.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my...those biscuits look delish!! Great self control with stopping at one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMD, dat sounds and looks delishus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dory - well I was good but there was that incident with the bag of Pirate's Booty earlier in the day AFTER I posted my food choices for the day on my diet blog. Still PB is only 130 calories per serving (I'm just not going to say how many "servings" I had).


    Whitley Westie - they are SO good. The recipe I had called for Bisquick which I didn't have at the crash pad (hubby is here to help me pack and move as I have a new job in October where we actually live). So I winged it with the biscuit recipe on the back of the White Lilly Flour. If you can find White Lilly - get some! It's made from soft wheat and bakes up MUCH lighter and higher than hard winter wheat brands typically found up north.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMD, I wants to move in with you!!! Please? please? PRETTY PLEASE?????
    I'll bring margaritas! ☺
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari Om
    Something similar to cheesy scones.... oh yumm yummm ymmmmmier!!! Abby - get mama to make some with rice flour for you - why should you miss out on such a delish dish?!! hugs and wags, YAM-aunty (the stirrer-upper &*>) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on Abby the Senior rescue Lab,who we adopted in 2014.

Stop in and say hello. 100% of book sales are donated to animal rescue organizations across the U.S. and Canada and Search Dog Foundation. If you have a non-profit animal organization and would like autographed copies of the book for fundraisers or a blog post featuring your organization please contact me at cliodna58@gmail.com