Thursday, November 19, 2015

Driving Miss Abby

Abby Lab here.  Mom's all settled in at her new job, but getting used to driving in Chicago has been a little different.  I like my car and truck rides, and usually sleep quietly, but Mom tries not to take me on the freeway or any place people are driving like idiots (which appears to be most of Cook County).
Many of the roads here are very old, and VERY narrow.  Parking is at a premium, and let's just say the Eisenhower Expressway is Illinois's own little NASCAR.

It wouldn't be such an issue if she had a NORMAL sized vehicle.  But NO - Mom has to drive something as big as Vermont.

The BatTruck.

I said "get something new - get something SMALL" and which she replied -

"But it's PAID for!!"

But before she started driving THAT around the city - she'd zip around in Dad's cars, learning the ropes.

Mom driving at the Mall.

Another trip to the store.

Time to Get Groceries!

She's had some practice - here's her car from high school Driver's Ed.
We'll get used to living by a big lake.

Back to the store AGAIN!

Hopefully Mom will get a handle on it before it snows - because even though people mark their spaces they dug out, so other's don't park there,  there's even LESS room to park.

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha I love the bat truck!
    Oh your mom isn't as bad as my mommy. She can hit ANYTHING. xxoo MaddiethePug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, to be fairs, Vermont are a pretty small state. At least it ain't as big as Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOL...You are too funny, Abby!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Abby!
    Wow, that's a fabulous, big truck! I'd love to go for rides in that. I think the traffic there would make my peeps crazy and I bet my Mom would have the exact same problems as in those pix. BOL Love the boat pix bestest.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, Police Commish

    ReplyDelete
  5. something small is no solution.... my momma loves big things too... sadly her way to park a big car is the same like you showed above. can you imagine that my daddy had to buy 125 bucks to a chain store... and all that for a smashed trashcan. and it was not even made of gold but concrete what caused a big ouchie on my daddy's beloved wannabe-titanic :o)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on Abby the Senior rescue Lab,who we adopted in 2014.

Stop in and say hello. 100% of book sales are donated to animal rescue organizations across the U.S. and Canada and Search Dog Foundation. If you have a non-profit animal organization and would like autographed copies of the book for fundraisers or a blog post featuring your organization please contact me at cliodna58@gmail.com