Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Fun Facts of Animals and Science


Taken from a Roof in the United Kingdom with my Point and Shoot.

It's been a long day, and I had to deal with politics, dirt, unwanted contamination and idiots (and yes, as separate items). On top of that yesterday a routine auto shipment of something I get every month  triggered a fraud alert on my only credit/ATM card in my possession and I was stuck without much cash after the banks closed while out and about and no way to get more until I could sort that out.  (Lesson learned, carry back up)

So for today, just a couple of photos and some wandering thoughts before a LARGE glass of wine and sleep in my own bed.

Cat Physics: 


When buttered toast is dropped, it always lands butter-side-down. When a cat is dropped, it always lands on it's feet.

I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat, butter facing up. The resulting spinning force, could provide more power than a thousand wind farms.
You play with the tinfoil - you have to wear the hat.


Murphy's Laws (updated):

If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.

If it happens, it must be possible.

If it jams - force it.

If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

If no one uses it, there's a reason.

If things appear to be going well, you have overlooked something.

When the going gets tough, everyone leaves. 
No - it's not THAT finger.


Infernal Dynamics:

•An object in motion will be heading in the wrong direction.
•An object at rest will be in the wrong place

Teamwork:

There no "I" in TEAM but there's "Me!" if you rearrange the letters.

Technology:

EASY TO INSTALL - Difficult as heck to install, but there's pictures!
Barkley was still upset "cookies" weren't  real cookies.

Science:

LB's Laboratory Law:  Really, really hot glass looks just the same as cold glass.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

It is a mistake to allow any piece of mechanical testing equipment to realize you are in a hurry.

Animal Facts:

A study measuring the effects of music found that cows produce more milk when listening to soothing music. They produce the most when listening to R.E.M’s “Everybody Hurts.”

Despite cobwebs that end up in trees and everywhere . . .spiders can not fly.
Amen

It has been established that people who own pets live longer, have less stress, and have fewer heart attacks.

Dogs nose prints are as unique as fingerprints and can be used forensically to identify them.

I could have gone all year without knowing this:

Turtles can breathe through their butts.

On that note - I'm thankful I have a pet - so that I'm less stressed and will live longer.
Mom - I didn't think they made BIG GULP sized wine glasses.


Night!

5 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Brwwhwhwhahahahahahahahahahahahahah.... love yer science!!! (And that spiders don't fly...) YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turtles breath through their butts!!! OMD that is crazy, something comes out of my butt, but I don't think it is breathing and nobody around here seems to like it when I do.

    Ziggy Out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corollary to Murphy's Law: When in doubt, give it a good bash!

    And if there is no "I" in TEAM, there is MEAT when you rearrange the letters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMD OMD Turtles Breathe through their BUTTS??? I (Frankie Furter) should not be so surprised... after all... Ernie TALKS out of HIS... Just sayin.

    OMD OMD you are soooooo right HOT GLASS looks exactly like Cool Glass... Glass must be a cussin of Squirrels or Snow Freaks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the funnies! They were hilarious! We are science geeks but we didn't know that turtle fact.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on Abby the Senior rescue Lab,who we adopted in 2014.

Stop in and say hello. 100% of book sales are donated to animal rescue organizations across the U.S. and Canada and Search Dog Foundation. If you have a non-profit animal organization and would like autographed copies of any of my three books for auction fundraisers or a blog post featuring your organization please contact me at cliodna58@gmail.com