Monday, February 1, 2016

Who Knew Dogs Could Tell Time?


On days that I work, Abby has a professional dog walker/sitter that takes her out  once or twice during the day.  She's a retired postal carrier and loves walking Abby and a couple other dogs each work day.  Abby just LOVES her, and will wait patiently for her to show up at the back door.  But she also waits patiently on the days I telework each month, thinking she'll get another visit from her friend. in addition to my taking her for a short walk during lunch, and a longer one after work like I normally do. She starts the watch at EXACTLY the same time every day, about 10 minutes before her walker normally arrives.

Mom it's 12:30, she should be here by now. I'm getting worried.
I'm beginning to think something is wrong.  Dad's gone, you did schedule the dog walker didn't you?
Seriously Mom - I'm beginning to think you shorted me here. You only walk me 15 minutes on days you have to work cuz you only get a 30 minute lunch.  J. walks me at least 30 minutes or takes me out to potty then plays with my stuffies with me in the house when it's really too cold out for my paws. AND she gives me more treats than you do.
Walking me before and AFTER work doesn't count Mom.  I am building up a walk deficit as we speak!  I want my attorney!
 Harummph!
I'll just sit here until you can take me out for 3 nanoseconds on your next break.

14 comments:

  1. Poor Miss Abby! Do you ever get to go to the off-lead dog park? I bet you would have fun at one. Indy and I love them, though Shiloh is too aloof to have any fun! We think she is a stuffed shirt!
    Ranger, Indy & Shiloh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that is so sweet! She's like the kids I used to nanny for! The parents always said they waited by the door for me to show up. Haha.
    PS It's because I gave them treats!! Dogs and kids aren't dumb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well just cuz your mom is at home is NO excuse that your friend should not come get you for a walkie. Yes, call Ernie!

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh we can all tell time, when it's time to get up, go to bed, or when it's time for a walk and treat time. Treat time is personally my favorite time.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari om
    ...never mind the attorney Abby, you've got a judge as your best boy so just get straight to the sentencing: three treats extra and a power-cuddle oughtta be about fair!!! Hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Walter is the time keeper in our house. Millie doesn't care when her next meal or trip outside occurs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We tell time too! We know when Mom should be home from work and when it is dinner time. And Mabel knows on Monday night we go to class

    ReplyDelete
  8. SHE says we know stomach time. We're never wrong.....except Daylight Savings Time or the reverse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My tummy is a pawfect timekeeper...I tells Dad exactly when its time fur dinner!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WE can tell TUMMY TIME to the EXACT SECOND.... NANO SECOND actually...
    OMD Abby you are Clearly in need of some Legal Help... Call Ernie the Attorney @
    878-787-8787 I ASSURE you that as JUDGE of the Court of Common Fleas... You WILL win your case... Since I have been "BRIEFed" on all the Points and stuffs.
    THIS can NOT continue. A Lady of YOUR Stature can NOT be MISSED TREATED and Short Walked in this manner.
    PEE S... THURSDAY is Ranger's Whacky Holiday ... THANK A Letter Lady or Mailman Day... Pawhaps you could do a Post THANKING your Special BeTIRED of being a Letter Lady Walker and Treat Dispenser lady. THAT may put a FIRE under your mom's Tiny TUSH... Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you're really being neglected! Your momma should totally schedule the dogwalker on the days she teleworks too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mom teleworked today AND got my favorite dog walker. She was NOT happy with me as I got ALL wet outside and then tracked it in her freshly washed floors but I had a blast! Perhaps I'll withdraw my lawsuit now that she has seen the error of her ways.

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  13. We know that when ghostwriter has her white pants and shoes on, she's going to work and won't be back for eight hours. Good thing Dad is retired! He lets us out in the back yard whenever we want!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Easy probably ate a clock once... there is no excuse or anything, he egg-sactly knows when it is time for lunch... and he can be much lauder than the clock of the church :o)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on Abby the Senior rescue Lab,who we adopted in 2014.

Stop in and say hello. 100% of book sales are donated to animal rescue organizations across the U.S. and Canada and Search Dog Foundation. If you have a non-profit animal organization and would like autographed copies of any of my three books for auction fundraisers or a blog post featuring your organization please contact me at cliodna58@gmail.com