Friday, April 1, 2016

Why our House Smells like Chicken Fat - An Abby Story

Abby the Lab here, doing tonight's dog blog post.

Mom's had a long week, being very busy at work, and dealing with some traffic issues, with a bridge and lane closure on her way home. She said it was a ZOO.

She tries to plan ahead.  For example, she put some chicken pieces in the crock pot yesterday to cook, so she could put them in containers this morning to have shredded for salads and casseroles.  BUTT, she makes them with an olive oil based dressing, then removes the chicken and the skin so the oil and skin stays in the crock pot but the chicken is SOOO yummy.  BUTT, it makes a REALLY messy crock pot.

Dad said "don't worry, fill it with water and let it soak and I'll dispose of it before work." since Mom leaves for work a couple of hours before he does.

Except there was an emergency at Dad's work and he had to rush off to help others.. . .

Leaving the crock pot full of chicken skin bits and fatty water.

NOOO, I didn't get into it, as it was up high and away from the edge of the counter, but when Mom got home it was a smelly mess.

I notice these things.



So I let Mom know the instant she got home in her nice work clothes it needed to be taken care of. Mom's smart, she got the crock pot rounded up to pour off the mess for the trash.

Except someone got in the way

And there was a big tidal wave in the crock pot.

And most of the chicken fat water and skin pieces ended up down the front of Mom's new  blouse.
Mom and the kitchen smelled SOOOOO good, she's my new bestest friend! Look, my tail has gone hypersonic!

No picture, cuz she got right OUT Of the clothes,

But decided right then and there she needed a SHOT of something.

The Chocolate kind.

9 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Oh yea, that's the right kind of shot to cure spoiled blouse disease!!! Bet you didn't get any of that either Abby... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, Abby! Poor Mom! Did you at least help to clean up the floor for her while she dealt with the blouse?

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICE JOB GURL!!!! Um, I means....sorry Abby's MOms...I'm sure some Dawn and a good soak should gets all that yummy chicken fats out...if it doesn't, can I have it??? ☺
    Oh, and if you needs somethings stronger than chocolate...I gots the margarita machine all fired up!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made (another) of my days, Abby! Great story telling!

    Cap'n Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad her mom had to wear it when you could have taken care of it for her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a MESS! I wish I'd been there!
    Our mom has no idea what's in the glass of chocolatey goodness, but I think she's drooling.
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Eau de Chicken is not the pawfect perfume for a mom... I understand... my momma threw a pair of brandnew slippers in the trash can yesterday what got a beef broad shower...someone was in her way too... but it wasn't me it was HER :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crock pot liners: best invention EVER!!!! Get some.

    You have good self-control Abby. If we hear a car door slam six blocks away, we get up and bark like there's an alien invasion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crock pot liners. You can buy large quantities on Amazon, or small boxes at the grocery store. I never use my crock pot without them now!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on Abby the Senior rescue Lab,who we adopted in 2014.

Stop in and say hello. 100% of book sales are donated to animal rescue organizations across the U.S. and Canada and Search Dog Foundation. If you have a non-profit animal organization and would like autographed copies of any of my three books for auction fundraisers or a blog post featuring your organization please contact me at cliodna58@gmail.com