Friday, June 3, 2016

Chewy Tales

Abby Lab here.  Mom and Dad both took a vacation day today so I have my humans both home.  Yay - what's for breakfast Mom?

 Pup-overs!  Mom IS feeling better!
Mom leaves us Sunday to go to her Dad's so they wanted a couple of days together first, since Dad is staying with me as he couldn't take this week off from work and it's her Dad's birthday so she couldn't go another time.   Mom is feeling MUCH better and even worked out this morning with her trainer which Dad chuckled at watching her huffing and puffing. Then she made HIM do the chair crunch exercise and he got sort of quiet.
I'll keep your Yoga mat warm Mom while you do the weights.

But even better than having Mom and Dad home at the same time was the big package that came in the mail!

Yes, it's from Chewy. Mom placed an order before she left so I wouldn't run low on food or treats. She ordered it and it was here the VERY next day and FREE shipping.  Chewy is awesome - no traffic, no parking, no lines at the big box mart pet store.
Yay!  Chewy!!!
 Wow - I got TWO kinds of treats?
On the left is my usual ones I alternate with my Orijin brand freeze dried duck treats (also from Chewy.com). It's Blue Buffalo Basic grain free treats.  The NEW one is also from Blue Buffalo and it's called a HEALTH Bar.
I remember Mom telling me she ate a Health Bar every day and was gaining weight.
I think Mom can't spell.

These Blue Buffalo Health Bars are baked with Pumpkin and Cinnamon and they have Omega 3 for my immune system and they're really big and crunchy to help keep my teeths clean. They're made with healthy oatmeal, barley, and carrots NOT the corn and soy and wheat that a lot of dogs like me can't digest well. Mom said they weren't egg-pensive either, with a big bag at a fair price.
Wow - it's a HUGE biscuit.
Are you sure that's for me Dad?
Wait -  this is too tasty and large to be a dog treat.  Am I in trouble for eating it?

Wag tail - look guilty - works every time.

Yay, it IS for me!! Watch my tail go hyper-sonic!

9 comments:

  1. OMD OMD Abby WE really like those B.B. Health Bars... the combo of cinnamon and Pumpkin is just RIGHT.
    I am REALLY glad to hear that your mom is better.... butt WE will still send some POTP... fur her... Tell her to wish her dad a ♫ HAPPY BIRFDAY ♫ FROM Ernie and ME...
    You are gonna have a BLAST with your dad... JUST SAYIN...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frankie - if you want Mom to pick up some smoked Salmon out there for your Mom and Dad or Sarge's Mom and Dad, drop Mom an email tomorrow. She often is the "smoked salmon mule" coming back from Dad's. Mom is feeling better, Dad took a day off and just hung out with her. We will definitely give Grandpa a Happy birthday. He's 96 and has had a stroke and has cancer, so she's going to make this an extra special super duper birthday. He's outlived two beloved wives (married to each over 30 years) and two children. Mom was adopted by them late in life, and she wants to make it a special day.

      Delete
  2. Those pupovers look pawsitively amazing - melt in your mouth yummy!!! And Mom's favorite chocolate bar is Heath Bar and even better if you mix it in ice cream:)

    Chewy is just so wonderful. Great service, products, prices. We placed an order on a Tuesday and it was here on Thursday!!!! And there is always something new to try.

    Tell Mom to have a safe trip and Happy Birthday to her Dad.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from the original Moosewood Cookbook, Mom's favorite Veggie cookbook of all times. She does eat meat a couple of times a week as she has low blood sugar and can be anemic if she doesn't, but most of her meals are healthy veggies with healthy fats (with carbs!)


      Abby Lab

      Delete
  3. OH.MY.DOG. Those pupovers look DELISH GURL!!!! I hopes your peeps shared....Ma doesn't...I have to gets all my goodies from Gpa...Ma doesn't know, so shhhhhhhhhh
    CHEWY ROCKS!!! OMD, they have the bestest treaties, and the bestest prices too! I've never tried those bars, so I'm gonna puts those on my wishlist!!
    Tell your Moms to tell your Gpa Happy Happy Happy Burthday!!! and gives him a big slobbery kiss from me!!! Oh waits...can your Moms GIVE slobbery kisses???? okays, I guess a regular ole peep kiss will have to do....sigh
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heath Bars are HER favourite. Australia doesn't have them, so SHE can only indulge when in the US. BIG treat cookies! We'd love those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your mom is feeling better for her trip. We send happy Birthday wishes to her Dad
    hugs
    Mr bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm.... our mom loves that kind of "Health" bar, too! We're so glad your mom is feeling better!
    Cammie!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on Abby the Senior rescue Lab,who we adopted in 2014.

Stop in and say hello. 100% of book sales are donated to animal rescue organizations across the U.S. and Canada and Search Dog Foundation. If you have a non-profit animal organization and would like autographed copies of any of my three books for auction fundraisers or a blog post featuring your organization please contact me at cliodna58@gmail.com