Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Getting Skunked Stinks

On my drive in to work today, a little after 5:30 a.m. there's one stretch I go through that's two lanes each direction that goes through a large park area.

This morning I noted a late model VW bug that was apparently disabled and had pulled onto the grass edge of the road so not to block traffic.  It's quite dark and muddy out there, not the best place to break down.

There were two gentlemen bent down over the engine as I approached, working away.

In my headlights I saw two skunks lumbering quickly towards them, to see what the noise was about I guess.

The men would not see them coming, and I was not in a position to stop as I had someone on my bumper doing 40 mph.

Somehow I do NOT think that ended well.

Stay safe out there.

LB

8 comments:

  1. Oh, that sounds like a stinky situation!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor guys, sounds like they may have gotten hit with a double double whammy.

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll stay far away from those critters...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another officer and I were using the prisoner transport van to take one of our quests to the detention facility and the speed bump in the road turned out to be a deceased skunk.
    By the time we dropped off the prisoner we all smelled awful. And when we stopped for fuel on the way back I found that my suggestion that my partner pump the fuel while I waited in the next county was going to be met with a colorful but biologically impossible suggestion on his part.
    Taking the van to the car wash did not help much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the second skunk story this morning. Hope the skunks weren't startled!

    ReplyDelete
  6. But they are SO stinking adorable!!!
    Cammie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abby don't BOL but my mom was about 45 years old before she was (un) lucky enough to smell a skunk. The peeps were in Syracuse,NY visiting my uncle. They were riding around the beautiful NY country side when all of a sudden everyone gagged.
    Hugs madi your kitty friend

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on Abby the Senior rescue Lab,who we adopted in 2014.

Stop in and say hello. 100% of book sales are donated to animal rescue organizations across the U.S. and Canada and Search Dog Foundation. If you have a non-profit animal organization and would like autographed copies of any of my three books for auction fundraisers or a blog post featuring your organization please contact me at cliodna58@gmail.com