Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Sounds like a Fair Trade Doesn't it Abby?

Having an email address open to the public since its tied to my author blog, I get a LOT of junk mail. Most I just delete as even Abby Lab found them incredulous

Occasionally, I read the more humorous ones.  I never respond.  But this one was just so blatantly BAD, not even trying to be clever to lure me into giving them my bank info or social  security number so I can get my foreign lottery winnings or mystery inheritance from the relative I didn't know I had.

Spammer:

Help me bank transfer 2.5 million dollars.  I will give you 30%.

Me: 

Great!  And I will loan you my talking elephant (fluent in Farsi, English, and Mandarin Chinese).  You can rent him out to parties for entertainment and keep 30%.

I didn't hear back.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing that, best laugh I've had all day!
    Abby, I just have to say that that is a great picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    BOL!!! You've missed a trick - you too could be raking in the unsuspecting!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom always wonders about how stupid the people must be who actually thing these are real AND those who write them thinking people WILL believe them.

    Woos -Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been on that bus. So far, since a change of address, we haven't got any of those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. REALLY??! You gots a talkin' elephant??! hehehehe
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. maybe that spammer noticed that 30% of 2.5 mio is very stingy and totally no deal? or he maybe used the moneeh to buy 87 elephants and runs a pawty service now? (then he snitched your idea and you can sue him for 2.5 mio with 30% for the lawyer lol)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your response was perfect.
    Way to go Abby.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on Abby the Senior rescue Lab,who we adopted in 2014.

Stop in and say hello. 100% of book sales are donated to animal rescue organizations across the U.S. and Canada and Search Dog Foundation. If you have a non-profit animal organization and would like autographed copies of any of my three books for auction fundraisers or a blog post featuring your organization please contact me at cliodna58@gmail.com