Thursday, July 9, 2015

Live From the Blogville Rodeo

Howdy! It's "Abby Oakley" Cowgirl extradonaire and crack cowboy poopy pellet gun markswoman.
This is my target. (OK, it's Mom's from the LEO range).  But I managed to knock over a glass of iced tea with my tail!
 BE SURE TO SEE THE DOODS, MURPHY AND STANLEY FOR THE FULL EVENT SCHEDULE! 



There's the events and the sponsors listed on the poster if they are not linked  here.  I'm busy at the dance and Mom has to go back on duty, so we may not have everyone.  But I know, we will all, at some time tonight, take off our hats and say a little thank you with a toast to lovely Sasha at the Bridge.  We miss her dearly, and not simply for her wonderful catering at these events, but for her lovely heart and generous spirit.

We miss you Sasha.


For now, there's so much going on.  First over the Cattle Stampede:


Squirrel Roping!


Here's our brand.  Pie R Squared.  What other kind of brand could the geek cow have?

In addition to the cattle stampede, squirrel roping, pork chopping (wait - that's dinner) there's  all kind of things going on which I'll add here as they happen.

There's some wonderful cowboy poetry at:


There's Bull Riding happening at:


There's barrel racing going on over at:



But first my handsome date for the square dance - Frankie Furter (when asked for the best date for a cowboy square dance I was told to "Get a long little doggie").
Doesn't he look handsome in his Western gear with his mighty horse "Trusty Steve".

Dori's Backyard is hosting the Square Dance.  It's starting right now!  Stop in at:





Thank you Dory and family  for the wonderful photos!

All the bronco busting is posted  on Frankie and Ernie's blog so click here to see the great riding skills of my square dance partner and all of our friends here in Blogville.

9 comments:

  1. ABBY OAKLEY!!! PIE R 2...YOU R SO FUNNY ABBY AND MAKE SUCH A BOOTIFUL COWGIRL.
    FRANKIE IS SUCH A GENTLEMAN YOU ARE A LUCKY LABBY
    HUGS
    COWGIRL MADI FROM DOUBLE D RANCH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Ate a few too much peach pie at the chuck wagon, now I are square...bbrwahahahahaha...

    I saw you on the dance floor Abby... and round the stalls. It was a fantastic day and now 'tis time to rest... Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of cowboys and cowgirls in Blogville today. BTW, you are rocking that outfit and the pink looks gorgeous against your black furs!

    Your Cowboy Dood Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMD Abby Oakley.... you are the BESTEST DANCER EVER.... and I am LOVIN it that you HIGH STEP Over me... Whoooooo Boy Howdy... that is a slick move... Just sayin!!!
    Abby O. I am having a REALLY Great time with you today and this evening. Thank you Ma'am fur being my Lovely date. Would you think me forward to give you a little Sniff?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frankie - after Mom took me to PetsSmart for my grooming I made sure to roll in the stinkiest part of the yard just for you. I'm having SUCH a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a day! we are whooped but boy howdy we had a great time at all the rodeo events
    You and Frankie were great at the square dance
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the tribute to my sweet Sasha. I miss her so much. That was so nice of you.

    Anne

    I am having the bestest day ever at my first big Blogville event. I tried everything and now I am pooped. I hope you came by for some chow from the chuck wagon. Angel Sasha really helped me out so the vittles are tasty.

    Ziggy Out!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a grrreat event! Thanks fur saving me a dance at the square dance. You're very light on your feet!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I