Thursday, April 14, 2016

Blinded by Science

I posted this by accident on the healthy eating blog  - so if you think you've seen it - you have.

This is a Micro crack in steel as seen through an electron microscope. (Though it appears someone in our household photo-shopped the saved science photo.)  I've vacationed at places that looked like this!

Of course the folks on NCIS wouldn't need an electron microscope. Gibbs would just squint and go "ahh yup - micro-crack", before Abby could even consider micro-cracks at the surface of metals detected and imaged by near-field microwave techniques from the crack-induced variations of the resonance frequency and of the resonant circuit quality factor. I mean really, you have to get this thing solved in an hour WITH commercials.

Fire up the welder Festus (yes, Gunsmoke reference for those of us over 50).  We're off to Ferrous Canyon! You all be safe out there,I got the internet back up but I lost a day of work, so blogging will be light this evening.
MY favorite Gunsmoke character is Miss Kitty

4 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    ..I did... and I'm still Chester! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LBJ
    I totally fell into that picture hook, line, and sinker. I was thinking - I need to find a place like that and check out the peemail and stuff.
    Love Noodles

    ReplyDelete
  3. We first thought that was a picture of someplace in southern Utah or Arizona BOL! Mom told us about Festus. Mr. Dillon . . . Mr. Dillon!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Festus was the hero of my mommas grampy :o) Get outta Dodge :o)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I