Tuesday, March 19, 2019

You Ain't Nothing But a Hound Dog

Abby's Mom here.  This is Abby's "Elvis face".  This is the little lip curl, sometimes tongue out, she does when she is annoyed with me because I'm too slow getting the treats, or yogurt, or walkies, taking a picture instead of getting her what she wants.

But it made me smile as on one of my last visits out to my Dad before he went in Assisted LIving, we went to the grocers.  He likes to flirt with the ladies in the flower section and just generally wander around and say hi to people (it's a small town, everyone around the neighborhood knows Dad).

One day though, the check out lines were slow and I could see my 98-year-old Dad was getting a bit bored.  When the clerk's back was turned helping yet another shopper with "how to use a chip card", Dad picked up the mic they call for assistance or price checks with and with a perfect Elvis imitation said (where it boomed out to the entire store):

"The is Elvis - open up the bakery".

You can get away with that stuff when they're old, or furry.  :-)

14 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    LOL... oh those ol' crusty fellas, they sure know how to tug the funny bone! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Dad's Dad had a lot of moments like that.

    Abby, that's a great look - we are going to practice it too.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOL! Wells, at least he didn't start singing Hound Dog...that would have been something!
    Abby, you needs to put a little WHINE with that Elvis lip....works for me!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This started my day with a big smile, not an Elvis lip curl. Thanks Lin, Abby and Lin's Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwahaha! That probably made everyone's day.💖

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOL, Momma says I have an Elvis lip too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is such a character. I hope you can still take him out for groceries so everyone will be entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is the best elvis look ever ;O)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two seniors imitating elvis. All they need is a bad wig! Give Abby some good pets from me. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. The world needs more dad's like yours.

    ♥ Astro and Mitzie

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I