Sunday, March 28, 2021

Forget Lab Safety - I Want Super Powers

I had to get geek glasses, being in my late 50's now, putting them on mostly for close-up work or when I'm really tired.  The glasses do tend to wander away, and it seems I'm forever cleaning all the smudges off of them.  I'm not sure how it happens, I clean them until they're pristine and 15 minutes later, they're totally smudged. (and this is work mode picture which you would not have seen post going private, if you want to see the hair down makeup on, me, you'll have to buy one of my earlier books as there are actually full-fledged photos on the cover (shameless book plug done).
Picture a morning in the kitchen while preparing breakfast

Partner in Grime:  I think I know how your glasses get so smudged.
MeHow?
Partner in Grime:  I just found them lens side down in the butter.

That might explain it.

So get out your glasses for a Monday morning recipe, sure to keep everyone nearby.
French Toast with Maple Bourbon Butter

For the french toast

Whisk two extra-large eggs in a shallow dish or pan with 1/4 cup milk. Add in one capful (half teaspoon perhaps) of good quality pure Vanilla (or any good quality non-imitation vanilla) 3 dashes of good quality Cinnamon, and a couple of pinches of sugar (perhaps 1/2 teaspoon). Slice day-old bread in 7-8 thick pieces and place in egg mixture, turning to let a little soak into it on both sides (but only for a few seconds, so it doesn't get soggy). Cook in a lightly greased frypan over medium heat until lightly browned on both sides.

Serve with maple bourbon butter and bacon Maple bourbon butter 

1 stick plus 2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup good-quality bourbon (avoid anything called "Monster Mash" and costing $7.99 for a gallon)
Pinch of salt

Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat on the stove until just bubbling, stir in bourbon, maple syrup, and salt and bring to a full simmer, whisking constantly until golden colored and thick. About 5-6 minutes.

Serve over french toast, biscuits or pancakes. Excellent drizzled over any breakfast meat that goes with those.
There would be pictures of the bacon, but it seems to have disappeared.

10 comments:

  1. I have been a glasses wearer for 41 years now. I clean them formally every morning and likely could other times in the day too. Now with the fogging up from my mask, I feel it is worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Ooooh, I am sooo going to do this - but not Bourbon (sorry)... Glayva! YAM xx (who totally gets the smudgy lens thing...am constantly wiping mine!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wells, you have pawfect skin and hair ~ you don't needs any make-up! Butts, Ma could scare small children and animals 😂
    OMD, that breakfast looks DELISH!!! I'll be right overs.....
    Stay well, and have a FABulous week!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad there aren't any good ways of making that yummy recipe gluten-free. Oh, and I sure wish I looked that good early in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, is butter good for cleaning glasses? You're just being extra diligent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum...that French toast may just be worth it on the issue of greasy glasses problem. P.S. You look great in them. 👓

    ReplyDelete
  7. That skeleton reminds me of my H.S. Biology class. There was a plastic skeleton hanging up in front of the classroom. One day the teacher was late. One of the guys stick a cigarette in the mouth of the skeleton. We all started snickering when the teacher walked in. He looked around and eventually discovered the cigarette. He took it out. Lit it. And stuck it back in the skeleton's mouth and left it there for the rest of the class. After that he was Mr. Cool to us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's all there is. You have completed the task. We hope this would fix the Google Play Store error number 505. If you don't know what to do, check out the solutions below...........Google Bellen

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I