Thursday, March 23, 2017

Maybe Dull People, but Never a Dull Moment - an Abby Lab Post

Abby Lab again.

Today was a better day and EVEN better, Dad came home from work at lunch!  So instead of my dog walker it was DAD!  He said he was using vacation time to finish ripping out the front steps to get the concrete poured for the new front steps before the rain moves in this weekend.

He's out there making lots of noise as he takes out part of the sidewalk with a sledgehammer, but Mom just took him a piece of  pecan coffeecake and a rootbeer.

Then I got a small box from Chewy - but it really wasn't from Chewy - it was from my fella Frankie Furter with an Easter Sir Prize!

Last night was quiet. Mom stayed hom and didn't go to the Wednesday church service for Lent..  Every Sunday they disappear and I think church is the place that they go.  I don't go to church but would if they let me. Before Mom explained God to me- I was a  Frisbeetarianism  Thata's the belief that, when you die, your Soul flies up onto the roof and gets stuck there.

Dad is having a birthday this week. He turns 34.  Mom warned him not to make any comments abouat being "old".  Mom is older than Dad, she's not saying how much.  She's pretty quiet about some things. Like why she shoos me out of the bedroom when she gets dressed.  She probably doesn't want me to see her H.R. Pufnstuf tattoo that she probably has.

Mom decided to go on to this website Zazzle, where you can select and or create your own greeting cards.  Mom created one, and it came today, just in time, but with one (ahem) error.  Not the cover which she knew would make him smile.

But-

Even though today wasn't his birthday quite yet she showed it to Dad and he laughed his head off.

DUH Mom!

She thought the cards were just blank inside.

Well, there's a big roast in the crockpot and since it doesn't have garlic or onions, just beefy gravy with red wine, carrots, and celery, Mom said I ca have a piece along with some of the gluten-free cornbread.

Things just get better and better.

14 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your Dad - we think your Mom and Dad are both great, seems like they were meant for each other - and for you too, of course!!!

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    You seem to be enjoying your week Abby - that cornbread sure looks the bizz.,. hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your DAd. mmmm roast in the crock pot sounds good
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy Happy Burthday to your Pops!!! ooooooo, that cornbread looks amazin'!!! that's it ~ I'm movin' in with you!!!! You gots room for my margarita machine??
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurrah! The Internet Portal gets real in a temporary cement-block store...would've been today if I hadn't spent so much time on sick leave...and I'm hoping to be able to process orders for Zazzle, Etsy, Amazon and E-Bay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMD ABBY... Please tell your dad that I said ♫ HAPPY BIRFDAY ♫ And that I hope he has a WONDERFUL Celebration of the day..
    OH MY... Had I known that he would be home workin on the Pawject... I would have volunteered to come help him... I can Dig a footer... I helped my dad do that once.
    Tell him it is the THOUGHT that counts.
    OMD you truly DID have a BIG Exciting Day... and it isn't even HALF over yet.
    I am glad that your Box arrived. You get YOURS Extra Early beclaws mom says I have to send MY Lady's Box at the Same time Ernie sends HIS... and it takes like 87 days fur a box to get Way DOWN UNDER. Can't have Roxy's being LATE.. So YOU and I have to Suffer..beclaws of ERNIE. Just sayin.
    ENJOY your special supper.
    PeeS... your mom made Pee Can Bread today... MINE made a Pee Can Pie and also an Apple and Raisin one. Our moms must be coordinating their baking... either that or the both... WENT NUTS Today.. hehehhehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Abby, you have been very busy! We were not familiar with Frisbeetarianism but we'd hate to be stuck on the roof too. Happy birfday to your dad. Yup, he is a youngster fur sure!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card....BOL! Once saw a cake with 'Happy Birthday Suzie Underline'. So be careful when you order stuff. Happy Birthday, and hope that project gets finished quickly and with no problems.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Sounds like you had a great day! Dad is cooking something that involves leftover corned beef and pizza dough. Ghostwriter is a bit skeptical, as Dad usually sticks to basic food preparation: grill with fire, steam veggies in microwave, and make rice in rice cooker.

    Oh, and ghostwriter knows who H. R. Pufnstuf is …

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are the best kind of days.
    Happy Birthday to your "young"dad.
    Enjoy the pot roast and corn bread
    xo Astro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Occasionally I have to explain things to him (like what the "rabbit done died" meant in the Aerosmith song and what a Marathon candy bar was) but after 10 years together things couldn't be better.

      Delete
  11. Glad to hear you had such a good day. Happy Birthday to your Dad. Btw, do you know who H. R. Pufnstuf was?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I turn 60 next year so that would be a yes :-)

      Delete
  12. I love the birthday card...it reminds me so much of our adventure with homemade christmouse cards ;O)))
    Happy Birthday to your bestest daddy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I