Saturday, October 28, 2017

I'm HOME!

My husband is a Mechanical Engineer.  Or at least he TELLS me he is.  :-)  For you see I've never actually seen his workplace or a paycheck, but large amounts of money just show up in our savings account.  I tease him a little about it.

I just returned from a week visiting my 97-year-old Dad and on the clothesline downstairs where my husband had done some laundry while I was away, were all these gloves.  Dozens of gloves, all stained with dark rust like colors that wouldn't come out.

I hear the back door open, then footsteps in the kitchen followed by a creak at the top of the stairs .. . I peer up and ask him as I hold up one of the creepy stained gloves.

"So babe - tell me again - mechanical engineer . . . or serial killer?"

I think I made him snort his beer.

You all have a safe, and sane weekend. Abby was quite happy to see me and I'll have another post up this weekend after I spend some time with both of them.

10 comments:

  1. We would probably have ran up the stairs so fast - those gloves would have freaked us out.

    Welcome home, we bet Abby was thrilled to see you.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    ... &*> ...yup. I cackled... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you find out for sure what those gloves are for, please let us know. Now we're curious! Hope your Dad is doing OK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He finds various bits of machinery at estate sales and such. The stains are from using oil to loosen up a rusty bit of something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! bet they are both glad to have you home
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL - I've had those same kind of thoughts about my own husband who works for a govt agency, when I've gone out into our barn.... Need I say more? :-)

    Hope all is well and I hope you all have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This serial killer thing could add a lot of spice to your relationship

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's a good question ;o) the mama was surprised that abby's dad can handle a washer.. my dad tried that one time anit it was.... special. Have a super hallo-weekend too ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heh, heh. Always makes you wonder, doesn't it. If serial killer, then maybe he's a postman?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I