Wednesday, March 21, 2018

On Inner Fire

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.

Albert Schweitzer

Thank you all of you in Blogville, who have rekindled my spirit as I have dealt with the death of my only brother and Barkley, the loss of some of our Blogville friends, and the rapid decline of my 98-year-old Dad, the only remaining member of my family. He's outlived two wives and two children and I've done all I can to keep him in his home of 70 years til the end (he refused to move in with family) even if it means round the clock nursing and lots of flights back and forth to check on him. I don't mind the financial part of it when his monies ran out, but the worry is a shawl I wear on a daily basis and your friendship has helped greatly.

LB Johnson "Brigid"

11 comments:

  1. And our dogs...and significant others. They all help keep us sane. May your mind and heart be at peace through it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    ((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) Blogville is a grand place for comfort, no doubt about it! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are sending you lots and lots of hugs and wishing we could bear the weight of some of that shawl for you. Hang in there - you are an amazing daughter!!!

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your dad are blessed to still have each other. I know this is a difficult chapter for you, may you find peace and love during it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have always been nearby to help all of us. We are just returning your generous kindness

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone. Your friendship has got me through a lot of distressing times as we do what we can to make his remaining days safe and happy in the home he's lived in 60 years. If he has to go to 24 hour in home care, we'll have to do a reverse mortgage but for now I can cover it. I think God had a plan when I downsized and sold the McMansion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hugs to you... it is the best to have friends who care and who can hold our hands even when they are far away... like the friends of blogville...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blogville is a wonderful place to get support. It's because dogs are so good at unconditional love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blogville is here just for this reason. Knows we are all thinkin' of you and your Dad and sendin' lots of POTP and AireZens and lots and lots of {{{hugs}}} ♥
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I