Friday, January 11, 2019

Canine Snack Attack

It was a busy week.  Though I'm furloughed from my job, I offered to provide in-home care to an elderly lady from church who had fallen and needed some help getting around until her family could arrange for in-home nursing care.  It was a bit of a commute there, so I didn't have a lot of time at home for chores. I did get the bedroom tidied up from the first laundry explosion after my husband came home from a trip with lots of dirty clothes, setting down a fresh set of earplugs on the nightstand. It's from all the years in hotels as a pilot - I can't sleep without earplugs even if our neighborhood is quiet as a mouse.

 BEEP!  The clothes drier is done!

When I came back, one of them was missing

Uh, huh, I think I found it.
 What?

Yup, looks like someone snagged it and spit it out
It wasn't a Cheeto!

12 comments:

  1. It DID look like a Cheeto!!
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Jakey & Arty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Labby that's gross.
    Silly girl glad you spit it out.
    Now tell mo to leave some treats
    on the night stand for you.
    xo Astro and Mitzie
    P.S. Thinking of you tonight
    while you are still on furloughed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOL!! Oh, what a disappointment! thinkin' you found a tasty snack, and all it was was a decoy. bummer. the search goes on....
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! I started using a sleep mask 7 years ago and even though it is pitch black in the country I need it to sleep too. Sleep dependencies are an interesting thing. Thankfully yours is easily replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOl...sometimes, they eat the weirdest things.
    P.S. Bless you for helping out someone who needed it while you're on furlough. I hope this stupid mess gets straightened out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I was with V. from mid afternoon until her evening caregiver arrived but my kind husband joined me and shoveled out her sidewalks and driveway and then we all just settled down to read and do some puzzles. It was nice having his company, weekends are often the only time I see him.

      Delete
  6. We had an ear plug disappear once and we had to wait for it to uh make it's way through Angel Greta!
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA - it would have tricked us too - glad it was still intact.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unlike your wonderful and adorable Lab, my dearly departed Leenie would have eaten it. She loved Cheetos, and she had a nightly snack of graham crackers with peanut butter or popcorn. Leenie also thought she was a lap dog, surprising many loved ones and friends when she would jump onto their laps and stay there like a small dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in. I enjoyed our chat today!

      Delete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I