Sunday, August 2, 2020

Updates from the Johnson Household

Curled up by the Central A.C. vent - my favorite spot in the living room.

Abby Lab here.  Sorry Mom's not been posting much.  She was on antibiotics for 5 weeks due to a bad STAFF infection (do you get that at work?) in her left foot.  That made her throw up a lot.  Dad, because he loves her so much - got her a big orange bucket from Home Depot that says "You Can Do It" on the side.  He's also been cooking dinner every night which means we're having baked chicken, steamed rice, and canned vegetables a lot because everything seems to make Mom spew like a fire hose (trust me folks - it's not pretty).

Lorelei and I have been getting walks from Dad and our dogwalker and in the afternoons Mom will sit at the base of the back steps and throw the ball, but we HAVE to return it to her.

For today, just some funnies.  Thanks to all of you who also follow us on Facebook that were praying for Mom's recovery.
 For Dad.











9 comments:

  1. We hope your Mom is 100% back to herself very soon.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Oh yuck, that's no fun for mum... though for you having her around might be!!! Sending some POTP to her and hugs and wags to you and Lorerlei. YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear you've been ill! That makes me sad. I wish now I was following you on FB. I've been banned from commenting for 30 days for speaking out against the forced masking (no, didn't swear, threaten, or any violence), but I can still 'friend' people if you wanna find me: Pamela D Hudson in Patterson, GA. I pray you're well soon. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your Mom gets well soon. Good thing Dad can take you out on walks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a nice way to spend a Sunday. We hope your mom feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh noes! I hopes your Moms is feelin' betters!!! Nothin' worse than a sick peep....
    I'll send her all the healin' vibes and AireZens I can gurls! {{hugs}}
    I can't believes you have to play fetch, like, for REALS! OMD, I can't imagine!!! sigh.
    Wells, I guess since your Moms all sickly, you gots to cut her a break, rights?
    Tells her we are thinkin' of her and hopes she gets better soon!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL BOL on the comics!

    (Why doesn't your mom ask the doctor for some Zofran for that nausea? Or maybe a different antibiotic that doesn't make her sick like that? Seriously, there's no need to suffer like that! signed, ghostwriter, RN)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's hoping you fully recover. In the meantime, thanks for sharing such great smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending good thoughts and prayers Mom's way.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I