Saturday, January 29, 2022

You and Me Against the Squirrels

 


I heard the song "You and Me Against the World" on the oldies channel and with all due apologies to the songwriters for Helen Reddy, I could NOT resist.---

You and me against the squirrels,
sometimes it seems like you and me against the squirrels,
When they steal your treat and run away,
I can’t count on you to stay.

Remember that car ride for burgers in our town
How you were frightened by the clown
Wasn’t it nice to hear me say
next time we’ll go to Chick-Fil-a




You and me against the squirrels,
sometimes it seems like you and me against the squirrels,
And for all the times you tried you always knew
they’d just  grab the treats and hide

And when one of them is gone
there will be ten more to carry on
Remembering will have to do
of that one that got away, it’s true
Think about the days of trees and you
of you and me against the squirrels.

3 comments:

  1. I almost bought peanuts for our squirrels, but they seem happy with the sunflower seeds. Stay warm! Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elsa feels much the same way about squirrels. And having numerous unpleasant encounters with the, I share her feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL BOL! (Crummy rotten squirrels!!)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I