Monday, April 3, 2023

On Getting Older

My husband just had a birthday - he passed the age 40 mark.  I reminded him any comments about getting old would involve dog houses and kibble for dinner, as I turn 65 this summer.  But all in all, I feel really good - except when the weather changes and "Accu-Knee" forecasting kicks in.  So for this Monday - some thoughts on getting older.  
2
1.   My goal for 2023 is to lose 10 pounds.  Only 15 to go.
2    I had a salad for dinner Saturday night!  Mostly croutons and tomatoes.  Really, just one big round crouton covered with tomato sauce.  And cheese.  FINE, it was a pizza  I ate a pizza
3.   How to prepare a healthy dinner
  a.   Put the vegetables back in the fridge
  b.   Start frying the bacon

4.    I just did a week's worth of cardio after walking into a spider web.
5.    I tried the Weight Watchers diet. I did great and ate exactly my 24 points.  The only problem was it was only 10 am in the morning.
6.    A recent study has found women who carry a little extra weight live longer than men who mention it.
7.    Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.
8.    Remember back when we were kids and every time there was a foot of snow they would cancel school. Nah, me either.
9.    I may not be that athletic or funny or beautiful or talented.  I forgot where I was going with this.
10.  I'll love being 65.  I'll learn something new every day from the stuff I forgot.

11.  My parties don't wake up the dog, let alone the neighbors.
12.  I've pulled a muscle putting on a sock.
13.  Phone calls after 9 p.m. upset me.
12.  People call me spry and I'm not offended.
13.  I don't have hot flashes.  I have short, private vacations to the tropics.
14.  I was finally asked to appear topless on film - time for the mammogram!
15.  I'm becoming more reflective as I get older.  I ask myself - what is life? - what is happiness?  How many pints of Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?
16.  I can sell my childhood toys on eBay for a small fortune.
17.   I've learned there is absolutely no good reason to act your age.
18.   I'm still younger than Mick Jagger

2 comments:

  1. You share some good funnies here. I like the leather motorcycle jacket Billy Connolly wore that said Too Old to Die Young. For some reason that makes me smile and it suits me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one made me laugh. I disturbed the dogs' sleep and they looked at me! I can certainly relate. I turn 75 this year, but who cares? I still do what I want and enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I