Monday, April 8, 2024

I know my name - pup update

Sunny doesn't start training with a trainer until next week, to give her some time to acclimate If you have never acclimated a rescue puppy that's 65 pounds, take a small Rhino, 45 towels, and a few squeaky toys and unleash in your small house.  Yard playtime time is essential.  That is where the puppy will race around with all the speed of a tree sloth, sniffing everything as slowly as possible, only to resume the last 3 laps of the Nascar race once re-entering your home.

But she knows her name now, will sit on command, and takes treats gently from my hand when she is praised for doing well.

I won't change a thing. 

3 comments:

  1. They say it takes them three months or more to settle in. I've had Teddy now for 4 years and I still wonder if he misses his first family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say it takes them three months or more to settle in. I've had Teddy now for 4 years and I still wonder if he misses his first family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunny and Lorelei were both from "breeders", and had no "family" to speak of as most of us think for as pets. They were fed and provided care for, but lived in crates or small pens. Sunny was at her wonderful foster family for only a short time and I know she missed them but she adjusted quickly. Teddy is lucky to have you and I'm sure you are his prime focus.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I