Her band-aid has TRACTORS on it!
I knew that macadamia nuts, chocolate, onions, and garlic were toxic to dogs but I had no idea raisins were so potentially deadly. I am going to make sure ANY product with raisins in it is high up in a closed container.
In the news this week, another dog died after eating just one cupcake made with artificial sweetener xylitol. Even one serving of xylitol can kill a dog. That can be found in peanut butter, so please check your label before feeding.
Other sources for xylitol include:
Sugar-free mixes such as pudding, cake, cookie mixes, even ice cream, and yogurt. (we always check Abby's yogurt purchase to make sure it's made with only sugar.)
Sugar-free breath mints and gum.
Flavored waters and drink powders
Protein bars and powders.
Toothpaste, mouthwash, breath spray and some nasal sprays.
I'm going to be the most avid label reader from now on. No one should have to be terrified that they accidentally poisoned their beloved pet.
Now on to happier news! It's Abby Lab in "What I did on Summer Vacation" Blog Hop presented by:
Dad spent his extra time working on the house here in the Windy City plus he was in Texas and England a whole bunch this summer for work. So I kept Mom company and got lots of walks with my dog walkers. They didn't take a vacation so Mom can check up on her Dad in Washington regularly.
But I still had a great summer, even better now that Dad rebuilt the back steps so they go INTO the yard instead of onto the driveway, I have a fence so I can go out and roll in the grass and snoot things.
It used to look like this.
Not that we ever get any snow in Chiberia.
These pictures were taken before the paving was done from the steps to the gate but I was so happy to check it out after the steps were stained.