Monday, September 25, 2017

Jurassic Bark - A New Dino Chew Toy


Mom was looking at a newspaper and there was an article about power lines and keeping them free from raptors, and having watched Jurassic Park one too many times, I think she was thinking Velociraptor - not the bird of prey common around here because she then made this sign to go up at work. 



But Mom, sort of being a goofball scientist aside - knows that EVERYONE loves Dinosaurs. So imagine my delight when I got a package from the folks at Chewy with a chewy dinosaur in it! Mom orders from them every month, and with my food order always adds treats or a toy.
It's a  Nylabone Dental Dinosaur!  It comes in brontosaurus, stegosaurus and T-rex (one is chosen randomly).  I asked if it came in "Barney" and Mom said the stuffed Barney met with an industrial accident after she watched 20 episodes back to back with the little peeps.

 Mom picked this one because it's made for "powerful chewers" and she says I could eat a Humvee in 15 minutes if it had a squeaker.
I love my dino!  Mom was a bit surprised as I totally ignore the hard toys and balls in favor of the squeaky, fluffy things I can dismantle.  I also only play with the Kong if there is peanut butter in it. But the dinosaur is awesome!  I was so busy chewing on it, the photo was blurry and my tail was going a mile a minute. I just thought it was fun, but Mom said this will help clean my teeth, reducing tartar and freshen my breath.

Mom finally took it away from me, to give back later, as she says such toys should be only used while supervised, and then it was time for dinner.

The dino held up well.  This large size was recommended for dogs up to 50 pounds. I'm a Lab MIX and am a lot smaller than most labs but I'm still a bit above that limit so Mom just let me play with it a short time, closely supervised, then we put it away.  But with 20 minutes of serious, solid chewing it had only the tiniest of scratches on it and none of the pointy bits were broken off.  I would certainly recommend it for your medium sized dogs for fun and  Mom would recommend it for dental health. They also make a smaller sized dino.
Thanks Mom!

Abby Lab

9 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just gotta chew. Lady you found something that would hold up to your great jaws Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect chew. We're small dogs with BIG mouths. We usually chomp up any 'chew' treat. May have to try one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Abby, that looks like some supreme chewing action! BWAR HAR HAR to the Humvee with a squeaker. That's too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree Abby, I usually don't likes hard chew stuffs either, butts I have had one of these, and I liked it too! They are pawsome fursure!!!
    It is too bad it doesn't have a squeaky though...☺
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our mom and dad bought us that same dino but we didn't even look twice at them. We gave them to the shelter I think.

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks super tasty somehow... like a marshmallow.... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have that at our house, we gave it to baby pearl last year, she likes our toys more than hers........we didn't care for it. stella rose

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I