Saturday, May 26, 2018

When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Water Balloons


Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth
my hands to war, and my fingers to fight
-Psalm 144:1

Today is as good a day as any to think about such things for I have seen hell. . . . .

. . . . . and it's Wal Mart on a holiday weekend when it's almost 100 degrees.

The photo above was the outside temperature at the house at 2:30.  Really too hot to do anything,

But my husband has been gone for work for a week and I need to make him a homecooked meal. But first I need to cool off.

Husband: "What's for supper hon?"

Me:  "Hambush surprise?"

Husband: "huh?"
"you'll like it,  bring eye protection."


4 comments:

  1. It sure was a hot one here too. Mom took us all for a walk, but we were too hot to trot:)

    Woos- Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rush hour in that traffic is beyond miserable. If there's any comfort in the misery, it was hot here too. 🔥 Can't wait for a cool down (egad...it's just May 27th and I'm already longing for Autumn?!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's less than triple digits, its not REALLY hot out yet...but having the pool open sure makes it nice after a morning of splitting wood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what you mean about hot. I stayed curled up in the AC and the occasional sun puddle. It was lovely. But Momma was out at her Renny-sauce faire and says she turned into a puddle instead of laying in them.

    ~Pigeon

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I