Monday, June 19, 2017

If You Don't Like Your Treat - Please Lettuce Know

 "Mom - what are you doing out there in the kitchen.  I am SO bored."

"Abby - I'm making the Food Network's cauliflower soup recipe for lunch - would you like a treat?"
 "Mom  - that crunchy white thing does NOT look or smell like a treat!"
 "Abby - the Vet said you'd gained weight since your last visit so I am replacing a couple of your treats each day with fresh veggies."
"Mom - is that even LEGAL?"

"It's cauliflower Abby - just try it, you liked the frozen peas!"
 "Great Leaping Horny Toads Mom - that's awful!"
 "Oh my Dog.  Quick - get me some stale fruitcake to get the taste out of my mouth."
 "Blech blech blech - that's not 'cauliflower' that's albino broccoli and you know I hate broccoli!
"Harumphhh.  I'll just sit here until a REAL treat shows up!"

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'll stick with peas, carrots and brussels sprouts! Abby

      Delete
  2. HARI om
    yikes... Abby, that is such a shame... I LUVZ cauliflower, but that doeznt mean you should!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby you feel the same way about cauliflower that our man does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There should be NO standing for that! or indeed sitting! Really, your peep thought cauliflower was a treat? Now if it had a cream and cheese sauce, THAT would be a treat MOL
    Have a great week.
    Purrs, ERin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angel Barkley LOVED cauliflower Mom said. She DID get me my evening treat of a child sized bowl of vanilla yogurt, so I forgave her. Abby Lab

      Delete
  5. Actually, SHE has a cauliflower in the fridge...soup sounds like a good idea. We accidently begged for cabbage yesterday....what a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOL - we are just laughing so hard at this post - you nailed it, Abby!!! Lightning will eat lettuce and carrots, Misty spits out the lettuce:) We have not had the horror of trying cauliflower - guess we won't push it.

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  7. hhmm don't know if we would like that either
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  8. BOL! Joey dog used to love cauliflower! I like it too, but would rather have brussel's sprouts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww Abbie, I'm sorry you don't like cauliflower. Do you like green beans? My Melanie always waited to pounce when I was cleaning green bean, hoping I'd drop one. She loved them raw or cooked. Veggies are so good for you and your mom is just looking out for you. I hope there are a veggie or two that you like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes... that must be albino brocoli... ;o) butt veggies make a great house decoration, when you sort it out while eating...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never tried cauliflower. I like most veggies ... except for Kale.
    Cammie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tell your mom your are NOT fat, you just have some fat and everyone has some fat so you are just fine!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I