Friday, September 21, 2018

Abby Lab - On Learning to Trust

 So how was your day Abby?
The Big Toaster Truck with the delivery guy stopped by and he didn't bring me anything from Chewy - THAT tells you how my day is going to be.
No one sends me goodies in the mail
 See - YOU got a box from the Big Toaster Truck
 I was robbed.
Even worse, the delivery guy saw me through the window and said "nice doggie".  Doesn't he understand I have mandibles of death. I'm a ferocious watch dog protecting Mom.
" No" - he says "Labs are NICE doggies - they're always friendly."  SIGH
 So I gave him this face. GROWWWLL  He just laughed and said "isn't she cute"
Just wait until next time delivery guy.  
But on top of the box on the porch he left a little doggie biscuit.  Just for me.
 Color me surprised.
And you were so happy to open the box and find the picture of a black lab, a happy, friendly, black lab that a friend sent you.  Because we ARE happy and friendly, we're not mean or scary and don't want to be.
I feel so bad, I was trying to scare the Big Toaster Truck guy away and he just wanted to be my friend and bring things that make my Mom smile.
You were right Mom and Dad - judge people by how they treat us, not how others have treated us.
Did you get that subliminal message Mom. . . . .Treat??

8 comments:

  1. A great lesson to remember, and I hope your Mom got the message. I've a feeling she did. Enjoy your weekend, I've a feeling that the Chewy box is going to be worth waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet seeing you was the highlight of the delivery man's day

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a good dog and we can see why the toaster truck driver likes you and gives you a cookie. Our toaster truck driver is terrified of us and leaves all packages outside the gate. Just as well, us terriers have been known to rip up the boxes if we see them first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very good lesson, Abby, for ALL!!! And what a nice big toaster truck man! Our Chewy order came today but the Big Brown truck didn't bring it, the Fed-Ex guy did - AND he left it at the wrong house!!! Sheesh - fire that guy!!!

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abby Lab, we're a'bettin' you didn't even bark at the delivery guy. We bark and bark and bark, but Lucy always ruins it by wagging her tail and wiggling all over. XOX Xena

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a profound lesson! I'm glad it came with a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you have one very nice 'toaster truck' driver, Abby.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I