Sunday, September 16, 2018

Wabbit Tracks

We have a yard rabbit, Mr. Bun, that lives under a big evergreen bush in our yard.  He's so used to my husband and I coming and going he doesn't run away when we leave the house if he's out munching grass in the side yard or the fenced yard.  Abby is another matter.  She will chase him if he's out when she's let out into the fenced portion of the yard and it's been close a couple of times when he didn't notice Abby approaching.

Mr. B. does seem to understand that in the evening, Abby is on a leash and when my husband and Abby come down the back steps, he just hops a few feet out of reach and continues to munch grass.

But earlier I have to make sure he's not basking in the yard, so I do a 'Rabbit Sweep" and shoo him through the fence into the side yard before "releasing the hound".

Abby is not too happy her hunting has been limited due to the Wabbit Warning System.



9 comments:

  1. Do you need me and Stanley to stop over and help with that rabbit? We love chasing rabbits!

    Your Pals Who Are Checking In,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had one successful rabbit catch here, and that was several years ago. Mom thinks at least one of us is up to the challenge:(

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chasing bunnies, and I've caught a number of them over the years! But I guess they finally decided not to come into my yard any more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've got so many bunnies here - I wanna chase em, but momma likes em so I don't get to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we have just toads in our garden, so we have to go on toad patrol every morning ;O)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll come for a visit and help you catch that sneaky wabbit, Abby!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Abby Lab. Have you tried explaining to your Mom that as a lab, you have a "soft" mouth? Maybe you and Mr. Bun could exercise together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lee is in. Phod just wants to be friends with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We see a few rabbits in the early morning hours and they want no part of the rabbit hunting duo. Elsa doesn't seem to understand mommy's shoulder isn't quite awake when she shifts into hyper-speed to say good morning to the little buns.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I