Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Early Christmas Pressies!

When my dog walker Jan arrived today she had gifts for me, from she and Sue and her partner who owns the walking business. Jan is a retired postal carrier and she makes extra treat money by walking a couple of dogs each day.  I just love her, she is so friendly and always has treats for me and talks to me on our walk. Sue is sweet too; when Mom and Dad both fly out to check on Mom's Dad and fix things on his house I stay with Sue and her husband and their rescue Lab in their comfy home with a HUGE fenced yard.  They let me sleep on the couch and it's just like being home! Mom promised never to "board" me after the scary high kill shelter and she's done good.
What's in the bag?   Pressies!  The beautiful canine cookies are from Sue and her business partner but there's a wrapped gift from Jan that she told Mom to open when she left as I won't see her next week as Dad has the week off.
 OH  Love the card!
 What is it Mom?   Mom said: "Jan did a 3-D painted collage of you Abby"
I love it Mom!

It can hang on the wall - isn't that amazing and clever and it looks just like me!

We have the best fur-ends.  Thank you, Sue and especially Jan - my favorite walker ever!

22 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so wonderful that they gave you such great pressies! We think the picture is exactly like you!


    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom does to. We're not sure what I'm "mixed" with but I don't have exactly a lab face. I think my smoochie face looks JUST right!

      Delete
  2. What a very nice person!!! We need a dog walker like that here too - Mom won't walk when it is this cold or when then is ice or snow on the ground. Bah humbug!

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMD OMD OMD ABBY... you had your PORTRAIT 3-D'd... WOW that is AMAZING. It looks JUST like you... and brings out all of your Bestest and Most Beautiful Features. What a Fabulous Pressie Package THAT is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frankie! My pressies to you and Ernie are on their way and there are pressies for Sarge too, since he will be with you for the Paw-lidays.

      Smooches
      Abby

      Delete
  4. What a nice dog walker! Abby, you're loved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is the sweetest lady. Everybody loves Abby, she is such a sweet, gentle, and smart girl. -LB

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful portrait Abby!!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh. That painting incredible. You should be very proud

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is PAWSOME GURL! You are one lucky ducky Lab!! And that portrait is just FABulous! I thinks I need a dog walker......
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are sure nice to have. Mom just can't deal with me pulling on the meniscus free knee as it's bone on bone on there at certain angles. So Dad does all the walking and Mom has Jan and Sue when he's gone but she'll play fetch with me in the yard as long as I want.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Much better than that 80's "Glamour Shot " picture Dad found in Mom's closet and about busted a but laughing. She has BIG hair, not just poofy hair, but "Hot Air Balloon Hair".

      Abby Lab

      Delete
  9. That is a pawsome gift! So personal and made by hand, just for you! What great friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She was here today to walk Abby again and was very touched I shared it.

      Delete
  10. Wow you are lucky they look great! Have linked you for a top 5 challenge over at our blog www.mymuttriley.wordpress.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's nice to meet you and we honored to play.
    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your're one lucky doggie to have such good friends and get such great presents!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I