Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Results From the Horse-Spittle (As Abby Lab Calls It)

The good news is the shadow on my mammogram was not cancer but a fluid-filled cyst which is already drained and inert. My other cancer screenings (routine) came back clear today as well. Not to be TMI time but if any of you hear about the colon cancer screening you can do in your home (if you are not high risk) it was so much better than the alternative and my insurance covered it.  Cologuard.

My poor husband though, looked at the kit and the instructions and said "are you going to be able to do this?

 To which I replied (and yes, this is TMI time).

 "I have a Ph.D. I can poop in a box."

 Thanks for all the prayers and healing thoughts.

The Johnson Family

16 comments:

  1. YAY - so good that the news is good. We hope you can breathe one big sigh of relief. We are still holding good thoughts for you as you deal with everything else.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are glad you got good results on the mammogram.
    TMI on the pooo.
    xo Astro & Mitzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Good news is never TMI! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. I went through a similar scare. I did not know you had to poop in a box. Is it a big box?

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!!! Oh, this is FABulous news! I am doin' happy zoomies nows!
    Tells your Pops that we are thinkin' of him and your Moms Pops too.
    {{{hugs}}}
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear the mammogram results were good. We talk about our pets poop so much why should we shy away from talking about our own once in a while. LOL!!!!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's not hard, I poop in a box all the time! We're glad everything turned out okay.

    ~Pigeon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your test results were clear! I have to do the 'scope thing every 5 years...it's not so bad really, the worst part is not being able to eat food the day before, and then having to get up at 3am to finish the "purge".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clapping wildly and with glee. Mom had to have a cyst aspirated once...so she knows exactly how you felt before you found out and afterwards!!
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great news. Congrats. You were diplomatic with the hubs. I might have added something like "of course I can do it, I have a Phd and I'm a woman. We're ambidextrous."

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I