Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Barkley Memoires - Dude!

An old picture of Barkley at my best friends house,  It's sort of a "hippie haven" for rescued cats (I think she has 7 now, in and outside on the sprawling farm type property where the cats were dumped over various winters). There's usually bread baking, herbs trying for tinctures and the smell of incense in the air, a very soothing retreat for both man and beast. However, Goldie, a decided indoor cat who sleeps on the top of the cat hostel, was less than amused with Barkley barking at the chipmunks outside.

11 comments:

  1. At least Barkley was more interested in the squirrels than in Goldie:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before my husband and I started dating I used to spend a lot of weekends at their home. Barkley was always around the cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a good, zen way to live. Even with a barking dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We would bark at chipmunks too. You did the right thing by barking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard that expression in years! LOL BOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I graduated high school in 1976. I'm guessing you and I are very close to the same age.

      Delete
  6. Da cats around here are used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's too funny. Sorry your fur-iend's nap was interrupted by barking.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I