Sunday, October 28, 2018

Happy Birthday Mom

This weekend would have been my Mom's 98th birthday.  I was adopted when my parents were almost 40, an age where most of their friends were becoming grandparents.  My Mom and Dad were both Law Enforcement Officers and took on a couple of kids that came out of a rough background.  They were high school sweethearts, and my Mom waited for her future husband through all the years of WWII where he was based in England as an area police officer.

I couldn't have been luckier to have them as parents.  My Mom died when I was in college and although I had a wonderful, loving stepmom of 30+ years, I still miss the Mom of my childhood. She was beautiful, kind, funny, and adopted rescue dogs.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your Mom - a very loving tribute to her from you.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your childhood mom. No doubt she's watching you from above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your mom... she is with you all the time ... love is eternal...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I