Thursday, January 24, 2019

Brian's Thankful Tursday

Today, while dreaming of much warmer days to come, we're taking part a challenge from Hailey and Zaphod's Mom at a post she did last year over at


which was to list 3 things every day she is grateful for, we are going to join the blog hop of
For Thankful Thursday.

The month is almost over so here is our daily "thankful for" items.  I'm going to list just two per day since I'm late getting started on this, but feel free to add your own.

1. Being married to my best friend
2. Abby the Rescue Lab
3. Our 102-year-old Bungalow
4.  Faith and forgiveness
5.  My church family
6.  Our pastor (having a pastor that can do a muppet impression during Bible Study is a find).
7.  Daily conversations with my 98-year-old Dad
8.  A daughter that grew up safe and happy with her adoptive parents
9.  Memories of cookouts with my late brother and Barkley (hey bro - where did the marshmallows go?)
10. Listening to my husband play the violin
11. Salt Water Taffy from Bruce's Candy Kitchen in Cannon Beach
12. A job that pays well with a nice boss (OK there is that whole furlough thing, but I have a great Christian boss).
13. Friends and family that love me just as I am.
14. My 2007 truck  that's reliable with no car payment
15. A big recliner to read in
16. Watching it snow
17. Homemade bread
18. The physical ability to workout every week, even when I don't want to
19. Single Malt Scotch
20. Pancakes, backgammon, and dominoes Saturdays
21. Macaroni and Cheese
22. My acupuncturist (who is treating me for free during the furlough in exchange for homemade Lefse - he's from El Salvador and loves this Scandinavian flatbread made out of potatoes, a little flour and cream).
23. A quiet neighborhood with nice neighbors
24. Being a guest author at a book club
25. A hot bath before bed
26. Our dog walkers, Jan, Lou, and Jane
27. Bible study mornings
28. The Piano Guys - Love their Music and being a guest producer on some of their videos (they are fans of my books)
29. Central air and heat (a lot of homes in the village do not have)
30. A husband that doesn't snore (he just occasionally dreams he's a tractor)
31. God's Grace

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that is such a wonderful list of thankfuls. I have to tell you though, #30 gave us the giggles, our Dad dreams that dream too. Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can delete this comment, am actually asking a favor here ... thought I had saved the info, the link or such, but guess not. Not long ago you had a post about using a "calming oil" that helped when Abby was stressed or anxious ... am thinking it might be very helpful to try with Dougie (he was a rescue, certain things tend to make him very anxious: nail trims, even brushing sometimes ... he'll get tremors, breathe heavy, etc.). Anyway, if you can send me the LINK or where I can order this product I'd really appreciate it. You can email me ... Ann Adamus ... zoolatry at gmail dot com, or adamus dot
    ann at gmail dot com
    And then delete this cause it's not really a comment! Thanks, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I smiled while reading your list. Continued blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I