Sunday, January 15, 2017

It's My Birthday!

It's my birthday!  Mom thought it was on the 10th and Dad thought it was the 20th, but Dad pulled out my adoption paperwork and it was it was today, the 15th.  I can't believe I've been with Mom and Dad almost 3 years after that scary shelter place where my friends would leave with a shelter person and never come back.

I'm not sure what 'high-kill" shelter meant but I'm so grateful someone from the Lab rescue place drove 12 hours round trip to rescue me as they were getting ready to take me for one of "those" walks because I was getting too old to have lots of puppies and I was very sick.

Once my heartworm was fixed Mom as well as some other things  -
Mom came and got me from my foster Mom and we've never been apart other than when she visits her Dad in Washington State and I stay with Dad or the lady that runs the dog walking service we use with Andy the rescue lab and a HUGE fenced yard (she and her husband even let me sleep on the couch!)

It was a great birthday and I am 8 years old!

First, there was a beautiful card from my sweetie - Frankie Furter. I love it that it has a wiener dog on it!



Thank for celebrating with me Frankie!

Mom got me a new stuffie!
And a Birthday treat from The Pet People Store! We buy all our food and treats from Chewy but Pet People has a little dog bakery so I get something from there on my birthday and Christmas!
Even better, instead of just regular kibble Mom made me Meatsloaf for my birthday mid-day dinner, made with crushed kibble instead of grains, and no onion, salt or garlic in the gravy and dog safe veggies like zucchini and carrots

I even got to eat off a people plate! (all the photos were just a total blur of feeding frenzy and wagging tail). Mom made this remark about piranha and skeletonizing a cow - I have NO idea what she was talking about!

I don't know why Mom didn't have a little one for her and Dad, and they ate the leftover pork roast with their taters because it was yummy! (OK, except for the carrots - I ate the carrot and went SPEW SPEW SPEW!  Mom even got all Gore-May on me and sprinkled parsley on the plate so I'd fresh breath for Frankie.

Happy Happy Birthday!




17 comments:

  1. Have a very Happy Birthday! We wish you all the best of everything for the coming year! (Yes, we rescue labs got a pretty sweet deal, didn't we?)
    p.s. You are lucky too that your birthdate is on your adoption papers. My family doesn't know mine but we celebrate it on the date that my guardian angel (Hilda from Lab Rescue Manitoba) picked me up from the shelter (which was permanently closing) and vetted me.
    Happy, happy birthday Abby, From Chester and family (Nola, Tim, Jenna and Kristin)in Winnipeg, MB, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful celebration. Happy birfday Abby!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♫ HAPPY BIRFDAY DEAR ABBY ♫ It has been a SPLENDID PLEASURE to spend this SPECIAL DAY with YOU... Even though... to ADD to the actual "DATE" confusion... I thought it was on the 20th...
    OMD that was a GORE MAY meal fur SURE... I happen to LOVE my Carrots, B T W
    Now this is the Pawfect example of why YOU are gonna be an AWESOME Chief CHEF fur all Blogville "Doings".
    OH... and your BREFF DOES Smell Delightful... Just don't tell your Dad that I have such Intimate Knowledge of such a thingy.
    Your mom and dad REALLY did go ALL OUT fur your BIG SPECIAL DAY... ONCE they worked out WHEN it actually IS. I now have it down on MY CALENDAR fur the 15th.
    WHEW.... I am FULL as a Summer Tick... do you think we might take a short NAP?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a nap is in order Frankie.

      Hugs and wags.
      Abby

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Abby! Looks like you were treated like a queen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Millie and Walter - I am one spoiled puppy.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! Mom was very happy to hear the ice wasn't as bad at your house as forecast.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday, Abby!!! You were treated like a Queen for sure. We hope you have a great year ahead of you.

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy barkday, Abby! Enjoy another year of fetching, begging for treats, taking long walks, and being with the ones you love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christmas - it's been a great day!

      Delete
  8. Happy barkday, Abby! It sounds like you had a grreat day, even if your pawrents furgot at first.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Abby!
    Wow, congrats and happy happy barkday to you! Looks like you are celebrating in fine style and I know Frankie wanted to help you have a special day. Enjoy and have a wonderful year full of love, toys and treats.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Your birthday sounds PERFECT! ♫♫♫♫Hap-Pee Birthday♫♫♫♫

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to you Abby!

    xo Your Pal Astro in Washington

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy happy Birthday Abby... have a wonderful day with hugs and kisses and tons of love

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I