Wednesday, June 3, 2015

RAP Prize Drawing

It's Abby the Labrador Retriever here. It's that time!  The morning dawned clear and beautiful.

There was breakfast. Mom's famous Kefir pancakes.
A walk for me, and then it was time to post the results of last night's drawing of names for prizes from Recruit a Pal. I was a little tired after my great time at the dance with Frankie and all my friends but we went out and checked pee-mail around the neighborhood before Mom had to go to work.

Then it was time to post the winners from last night's prize drawing.  It started with picking a hat to draw the names from.

Hats selected, we  then had to write down the names of the recruiters AND the new/returning Blogville bloggers on slips of paper to draw from the hat.

Here's the New/Returning Bloggers.
The names went into the hat while Mom wrote downthe names of the recruiters on more slips of paper.
After MUCH serious deliberation. . .
The first name was drawn.
No - I didn't stuff the ballot hat Mom - really. . 

Try this again.

Here are our winners:

New and Returning Bloggers
And the Recruiters:
Congratulations Winners! If you would send an email to cliodna58 at gmail dot com or in a comment (which will not be posted) with the following information -  Mom will get your prize right out.

(1) Your email address if you would like a Kindle Book (you don't need a Kindle to read, you can click on this easy free app from Amazon to read from any computer).

OR your mailing address if you want a dead tree book.

(2) AND which book you would like  The Book of Barkley OR Saving Grace - A Story of Adoption. 

Thanks for joining us and thank you EVERYONE in Blogville who helped make this such a great event.

Abby Lab

8 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Woohooo congrats to the lucky winners - not that there any losers in Blogville!!!

    (the email thingy isn't working; I came here via the blogroll on my page again...am I just being menoblind, or do you really not have a 'member join' widget here?)...

    Nice try on the treats Abby - hope you got some anyway &*> Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Abby!
    Wow, this is so wonderful! Congrats to the very happy and lucky winners. Thanks so very much for sponsoring these 4 prizes and I had a super time with you at the dance. My poor paws are so very tired. BOL I can also bark that Frankie had a blast with you. Excellent drawing and I'll have to try that "treat ballot stuffing" technique. Hope it worked for you! BOL
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, Furiend

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMD OMD ABBY are YOU as EXHAUSTED as I am??? My Paw Pads are Sore from all the dancing we did... BUTT OH THE GRAND MEMORIES of our SPECIAL TIME TOGETHER.... I will SAVOR them furEVER.
    Now about that Chewsing of the Winners... I am SURE that you did NOT stuff the Ballot Hat... That was just some BLOGVILLE Magic that happened there...

    CONGRATULATIONS to the WINNERS !!!

    And THANK YOU AGAIN fur the MARVELOUS DATE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the lucky winners! Glad you had a good time at the dance, Abby. Did Mom give you a treat yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol! Nice try Abby! I think you definitely deserve a treat!

    We are having a fun giveaway this week. Hope you will stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sure was a grand time last night!! Congrats to the lucky winners!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, hazel & mabel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank u fur offering the prizes. We r so excited. We loved the treat note. You deserve two treats fur that clever note.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yamini - thanks for the email today helping Mom get that followers linky up on the sidebar. Welcome!

    Sarge - your cousin Frankie was such a fun date. I've had nothing but good times at these dances though my paws are a bit sore today from hitting, dancing, dancing, I'm a dancing machine. (ow ow ow)

    Frankie Furter - You were a wonderful date, and I'm glad you are getting out and about and having fun and loving life.

    Monkeywrangler - my dog walker who came by today as mom was teleworking and her lunch break is short, gave me THREE (OK, they were little dog sized treats).

    The Daily Pip - We will be sure and stop by!

    IdahoPugRanch - it's always fun to spend time with you in Blogville.

    Lassiter Chase and Benjamin - Mom's already autographed your book and will get in the mail when she's done with work for the week.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I